Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) is a branch of medicine that deals with disease conditions of the Ear, Nose and Throat. In addition to conditions exclusively affecting the ear, nose and throat, the specialty also deals with the surgical management of head and neck cancers and hearing and speech disabilities.Â Otorhinolaryngology, as it stands now, is not merely dependent on routine outdoor evaluation and conservative management as it used to be in the past. The Department has adjusted well with the advancement of medical technology.Â With the advent of modern day telescopes, operating microscopes and lasers, the Department now handles various ear-nose-throat and neck disorders efficiently and precisely. The Department also has state-of-the-art facilities to perform micro ear-surgeries including cochlear implant.
- To offer cutting edge facilities in the field of ENT and Head & Neck surgeries at reasonable costs.
- To improve the quality of life of people with hearing loss and related disorders through scientific research, patient care, and the sharing of knowledge.
- To impart knowledge and surgical skills to students and Post graduate trainees in ENT alike.
- To be at the forefront of medical research in the field of Ear, Nose, Throat and Head & Neck surgery.
The Department of ENT is headed by Dr.K.B.Rajamma with more than 28 years teaching experience. Other faculty in the department include 1 Professor, 1 Associate Professor, Â 4 Assistant Professors, 2Â Senior Residents and 8Â Junior Residents. –more–
- Out Patient with 6 examination rooms
- OP procedure room for minor surgeries
- Diagnostic Endoscopy for Nasal and larynx pathology
- 2 Fully functional operation theatres exclusively for ENT
- Audiometry including Impedance Audiometry, BERA and OAE
- Speech therapy
- Demonstration and Seminar rooms
- Departmental library
- Specialty clinics for headache, vertigo and Head and neck cancers
- Endoscopic Evaluation of sinus and laryngeal problems
- Oral surgeries like Tonsillectomy and Palatoplasty
- Endoscopic sinusÂ surgeries for sinusitis
- Microlaryngeal surgeries
- Nasal corrective surgeries like Septoplasty and cosmetic Rhinoplasty
- Micro-ear surgeries for variety of ear problems
- Comprehensive audiological evaluation
- Newborn screening for Deafness
- Neuro-otological evaluation
- Speech Therapy for vocal disorders
- Provision of hearing aids to the needy
- Oncosurgery and reconstruction for head and neck cancers
- 24 hour ENT casualty services